Microsoft Office Communicator does not cause URLs to be hyperlinks by default. This means you can’t click on a URL that someone sends you and go to that URL. Instead you must copy and paste it into a browser window to visit it. If you would like to enable these links, I have a little reg-hack for you.
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE EDITING IT (How?)!
- Click on Start -> Run (or just type in the box on Vista and later).
- Type RegEdit and click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator\.
- Right-click in the right pane and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableURL for the name and press Enter.
- Double click the new EnableURL key, enter 1 for the value and then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
Please note that you might have to restart Office Communicator for the changes to take place. If this article helped you, please leave a comment to let me know!